DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY
SITARAM MAHATO MEMORIAL COLLEGE
The department of Geography is one of the most important department of Sitaram Mahato Memorial College,which commenced its journey in 2014 with B.A. Core course and Programme course in geography. Approx 30 students are studying in both course at present time.
There are two faculty members in the department namely :
Students in each course:
Aims of Objectives of Teaching Geography:
(1) To acquaint the pupils with the living conditions of men in different parts of the globe.
(2) To enable the pupils to acquire a knowledge of natural resources.
(3) To develop in pupils an understanding of how environment and climatic factors have influenced our life.
(4) To help the pupils to acquire knowledge of their physical and social environment and thus to broaden their outlook.
(5) To develop the skills of reading maps and globes, to develop drawing and measuring skills, and to develop the skill of using and manipulating geographical instruments.
The department focuses to the development of students through education and establishing a healthy teaching-learning atmosphere which is build some good character and some good civilian.The department strongly believes in a student centricness for manifested the hidden power.
Following activities are pursuing at present time for carried out to hidden power of the students.
Remedial Classes: To empower students better in subjective knowledge,the department has taken the initiative to organize remedial classes for backward students.
Group Discussion: The department has organized group discussion for evaluate the knowledge depth and established the self confidence of the students.
Communication Skill: The students whose are situated in marginaliged area are very weak for communicating to others or facess many problem for express them.For this cause the department of education has organized some classes for developing them and their communicating skills.
In spite of these we use projector to better understand the topic . And also we arrange excursions .