The Department of Physical Education is one of the most important departments of Sitaram Mahato Memorial College, which commenced its august in 2013 with B.A. Programme course and Generic Elective course in Education. Approx 50 students are studying in both courses at present time. There are two faculty members in the department namely:
1. Dr. Prasanta Kumar Bhunia (Assistant Professor & Coordinator of the Department)
2. Sri Sukanta Mahato (SACT)
Generic Elective course
Students in each course:
The department focuses to the Physical, Mental, Social etc. as well as all-round development of students through Physical education and establishing a “Sound mind and sound body” teaching-learning atmosphere which is build some good character and some good civilian.
Aims and Objectives of the Department
The aims and objects for which the Department is formed and established are:
- To inculcate love for Physical culture among the citizens specially the youths of the country, irrespective of caste, creed or religion.
- To stimulate interest and awareness among the masses about Physical Fitness & Sports.
- To promote health and fitness of the masses.
- To develop sports and allied sciences and employ them strategically towards welfare and wellbeing of the masses.
- To promote excellence in education at all levels of human development.
- To identify, nurture and develop talents of budding sports women and men without gender discrimination.