POLITICAL SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
The department started its voyage in 2014 with B.A General Course in Political Science. Presently the department is also offering B.A (Honours) course in Political Science introduced since 2017-18 session. The total intake capacity of the department for honours is 33 students.
There are two faculty members in department namely:
2. Mr. Laxmikanta Mahato (SACT)
With a bunch of fresh, inquisitive students and young dedicated faculty the department quests for quality and knowledge which is unbound, beyond the formal syllabus, beyond the four walls of our class rooms. Students are encouraged to question and debate and raise issues within and beyond the syllabus. Very recently the department has introduced CBCS system in its syllabus where the students of others discipline can learn not only the pedagogy of the subject rather an inter disciplinary and Transdisciplinary engagement is created. The department believes in helping the student to grow as good human beings, not only good students.
Beyond the formal teaching the department is continently engaged in others co curriculum activities namely:
- Wall Magazine: The departmental wall magazine ‘‘Gana Chetana’’ embodies the ingenious verve of the students, who express their creative as well as critical views through the wall magazine. It is unveiled annually in the month of March.
- Departmental Seminar: To encourage the students beyond the curriculum, the department has started organising departmental seminars where the students actively express their views on national and international issues.
- Departmental Tours: Looking beyond the campus serves to broaden the outlook of the students, as well as to foster a stronger emotional bond among the student. Keeping this in view the department encourages excursions for pleasure as well as for participation in various socio-political and ethnographic field studies.
- Remedial Classes: To enhance the student clarity faculty members usually takes extra classes beyond their assignment. .
- Audio-Visual learning: Student are encouraged to attend the audio-visual classes where they can learn various type of cross-disciplinary knowledge beyond their syllabus.