TRISHNA BHUI (B.A., M.LISc., NET)
Sitaram Mahato Memorial College
Anandadeep, Kuruktopa, Purulia (Since March, 2020)
Area of Interest/Specialization :
Bibliometrics & Scientometrics
Academic Profile :
- B.A. (Honours) in Anthropology (Gold Medalist) under Vidyasagar University in 2013.
- B.LISc. (Bachelor of Library and Information Science) (Silver Medalist) under Vidyasagar University in 2014.
- M.LISc. (Master of Library and Information Science) under Vidyasagar University in 2015.
- UGC NET (2015 & 2016).
- Ph.D. (Ongoing) from Vidyasagar University, Midnapore under Dr. Nivedita Bhattacharyya Sahu (Asst. Prof., Dept. of Library & Information Science, Vidyasagar University
Other Qualification : Diploma Course in Information Technology Application (DITA).
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Full Term Centrally Administered Doctoral Fellowship from MHRD, GOI.
Awards Received :
- Awarded University Gold Medal for 1st Rank in UG level in Anthropology under Vidyasagar University in 2013.
- Awarded University Silver Medal for 2nd Rank in B.LISc. in UG level under Vidyasagar University in 2014.
- Received Best Paper Award in an International Conference on Marching Beyond Libraries: Managerial Skills and Technological Competencies organized by KIIT Deemed to be University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha on 16 &17 Nov, 2018.
Work Experience :
- Worked as Project Assistant in a project entitled “Documentation of writings on numismatics”, funded by UGC Innovative Research Scheme under Dr. Nivedita Bhattacharyya Sahu, Assistant Professor, DLISc Vidyasagar University.
- Worked as Library Assistant in the Central Library of Raja Narendra Lal Khan Women’s College (Autonomous), Paschim Medinipur.
- Worked as Professional Trainee in Central Library of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, West Bengal.
Publications (National & International):
Published Journal Articles:
- Bhui, T. & Sahu, N. B. (2017). Scientometric Portrait of Dr. S. R. Ranganathan: A Study. International Journal of Library Science. 15(1). CESER Publication. 55-73. ISSN 0975-7546.
- Bhui, T. & Sahu, N. B. (2017). Author productivity in Humanities and Social Science departments of Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur) during 2000-2016: A Bibliometric Analysis. Vidyasagar University Journal of Library and Information Science, (22). Registrar, Vidyasagar University. 42-52. ISSN 0972-8570.
- Bhakta, J., Bhui, T & Kar, S. (2017). Academic Publications among the Research Fraternity of Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT-KGP) in Energy Science: A Study. Vidyasagar University Journal of Library and Information Science. (22). Registrar, Vidyasagar University. 83-91. ISSN 0972-8570.
- Sahoo, S. & Bhui, T. (2018). Trend of Public Library Research in India: A Bibliometric Study. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal) 1826. University of Nebraska - Lincoln. 1-10. ISSN 1522-0222. DOI: https://digitalcommons.unl.edu /libphilprac/1826.
- Kar, S., Bhakta, J., & Bhui, T. (2018). An Evaluative Study on Course and Curriculum Structure of Library and Information Science in Vidyasagar University, West Bengal, India. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal).1928. University of Nebraska-Lincoln. 1-19. ISSN 1522-0222. DOI: http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphil prac/1928.
- Bhui, T. & Sahu, N. B. (2018). Publications by Faculty Members of Humanities and Social Science Departments of IIT Kharagpur: A bibliometric study. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 38(6). DRDO. 403-409. ISSN 0974-0643. DOI : 10.14429/djlit.38.6.13569.
- Bhui, T. & Sahu, N. B. (2018). Bibliometric Analysis of the Faculty Research Output: A study in Humanities and Social Science departments of selected Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). Librarian, 25(1). Jadavpur University. 69-78. ISSN 0972-3978.
- Bhakta, J., & Bhui, T. (2018). Mapping the research productivity in University of Petroleum and Energy Studies: A Scientometric approach. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal).1972. University of Nebraska-Lincoln. 1-9. ISSN 1522-0222. DOI: http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/1972.
- Bhakta, J., Kar, S., & Bhui, T. (2019). Bibliometric Mapping of LIS Research in India: A Study Seen Through the Mirror of Indian Citation Index. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal).2349. University of Nebraska-Lincoln. 1-8. ISSN 1522-0222. DOI: http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/2349.
- Bhakta, J. & Bhui, T. (2020). Global Plagiarism Output in the 21st Century: A Bibliometric Study. Journal of Indian Library Association, 56 (1). Indian Library Association. 1-10. ISSN 2456-513X.
Published Conference Proceedings:
- Bhui, T. & Sahu, N. B. (2017). Use of Web 2.0 tools by the state university libraries in India: A Study. Trends in LIS Education, Research & Practice II. Registrar (Acting), Rabindra Bharati University. 56-65. ISBN 978-81-930524-0-2.
- Bhakta, J. & Bhui, T. (2017). Assessing the usage of Web 2.0 tools by the National Institute of Technology libraries in India: A Study. Information Resource Management, Role of modern technologies. Prova Prakashani. 191-196. ISBN 978-93-83658-46-6.
- Bhui, T., Sahu, N. B. & Bhakta, J. (2018). Scholarly publications by faculties in Humanities and Social science departments of Indian Institutes of Technology- a study of Open and closed access journals. Marching Beyond Libraries: Managerial Skills and Technological Competencies. KIIT Deemed to be University & Overseas Press India Pvt. Ltd. 355-362. ISBN 978-81-938797-7-1.
- Bhui, T.,& Bhakta, J. (2019). Digital Reference Service in Action: Scenario of State University Libraries of West Bengal. Advanced Automation Technologies for Next-Gen Libraries. Levant Books. 72-81. ISBN 978-93-88069-29-8.
- Bhakta, J., & Bhui, T. (2019). RFID: a new era of technology in libraries. Proceedings of the One day Workshop on: RFID Technology & its Integration with LMS. Ramkrishna Mission Vidyamandira, Belur Math. 51-61. ISBN 978-81-940096-5-8.
- Bhakta, J., & Bhui, T. (2019). Role of libraries and librarians to enhance the quality of life of differently abled persons. Proceedings of the Two day National Seminar on Inclusive Library Services: Indian Perspectives. New Delhi Publishers, New Delhi, Kolkata. 89-95. ISBN 978-89-3887-96-7.
- Bhakta, J., & Bhui, T. (2020). Research Visibility of DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology: A Bibliometric Study. Next Generation Libraries-Emerging Technologies, Community Engagement & Future Librarianship. Ess Ess Publications, New Delhi. 144-151. ISBN 978-93-87698-33-8.
- Bhui, T. (2020). Usage of Electronic Journals by Research Scholars of Vidyasagar University, West Bengal: A study. LIS Education: Structure, Infrastructure & Superstructure. DLISc, Vidyasagar University, Midnapore. 460-467. ISBN 978-81-923452-1-5.
Workshops Participated :
- Participated in the 3rd National Workshop on Use of Open Source Library Management Software Koha 3 organized by Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata during 29th February to 4th March 2016.
- Participated in the International Workshop on Open Source Software Library Management (OSSLM-2017) during 12-17 June, 2017 jointly organized by Central Library and National Digital Library (NDL), IIT Kharagpur.
- Participated in the Workshop on Journalism, Publishing and Photography on 11th January 2013 organized by University Grants Commission sponsored Career Counseling Cell, Haldia Govt. College, Purba Medinipur.
- Participated in the Workshop on Training and Awareness for e-journal and e-literature under J-Gate on 8th August 2018 organized by Vidyasagar University, Paschim Midnapore.
- Participated in the Two days programme on Shaping Young Minds in LIS Profession for Effective Functioning organized by IASLIC during 29 -30 April, 2018.
Membership of Learned Society :
Life Member, Indian Library Association (ILA).