Dr. Jayanta Mandal
Dr. Jayanta Mandal (M.A., NET, SET, Ph.D)
Assistant Professor, Teacher-In-Charge& Coordinator, Department of Sanskrit
Sitaram Mahato Memorial College, Purulia
Mobile No. 8170818164
Academic Profile :
- B.A in Sanskrit Honours, University of North Bengal
- M.A. in Sanskrit, Banaras Hindu University
- UGC NET & WBSET
- Ph.D in Sanskrit, Assam University, Silchar, 19.02.2018
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNFJRF TO RGNFSRF) from MHRD, GOI.
Area of Interest/Specialization :
Veda & Kavya
Work Experience :
Guest Lecturer (1.6 Years), Dr. Meghnad Saha College, U/D
Assistant Professor, From 09.02.2017 to Till Date.
Administrative Experience :
- Member- Board of Studies (SKBU);
- Member- Governing Body (SMMC);
- Coordinator (NAAC);
- Convenor –Admission Committee;
- Convenor-SC/ST Cell;
- Convenor- Research & Consultancy Cell;
- Convenor-Academic Committee ;
- Convenor-Library Committee;
- Coordinator, Department of Geography
- Working as Head Examiner & Examiner of U.G Courses under the SKBU.
- Acted as the Professor-in-Charge of Sitaram Mahato Memorial College, Purulia, for Organizing District Level Youth Parliament Competition for the year 2019-2020.
Orientation Programme & Refresher Course:
Completed the 36th Orientation Program from University of North Bengal, 2018.
Completed the 1st Interdisciplinary Refresher Course on Environmental Science/Education from Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi, 2020.
Two days National Web-Saṅgosthῑ on “Modern Sanskrit Literature” organized by IQAC & Department of Sanskrit, Sitaram Mahato Memorial College, Date:11th &12th August,2020.
- National / International Seminars ( presented papers):
- Two Days National Webinar on “Sanskrit Studies and Incredible Bharatam” Jointly organised by Department of Sanskrit, Assam University Silchar & Women’s College, Silchar, Date: 20-21st June,2020.
Paper: India in Vedic Period & Modern Times.
- Two Days International Web-Saṅgosthῑ on “ Significance of Sanskrit Literature in Preservation of Human Life “organised by Department of Sanskrit, Sidho-Kanho-Birsha University. Date: 22nd &23rd August, 2020.
- Two Days National Seminar on Vaidika-Vaṇmayasya Vividḥa Āyāmaḥ, on 26th-27th October, 2017, Organised by The Department of Sanskrit, SKBU & MSRVVP, Ujjain, (MHRD).
Paper: “Concept of the Vedic Environmental Awareness and its Relevance”.
- One Day National workshop on “Simple Standard Sanskrit” held at J.K. College, Organised by Sanskrit Prasar Samity, and Collaboration with Sanskrit Promotion Foundation on 7th October, 2018. (Participated).
- Two Days IQAC Sponsored National Seminar on “The Relevance of Sanskrit Studies in Present Scenario”. Organised by B.B.T.M. College, 18th &19th January, 2019.
Paper: “Viśvanātha’s view on Rasa and its relevance”.
- IQAC Sponsored International Conference on “South Asian Literature, Culture & Society”. Organised by Department of English & History, B.B.T.M. College, 27th &28th February, 2019.
Paper: “Rasa: A brief Study”.
- State Level Workshop on NAAC, Organised by Achuram Memorial College in Collaboration with SKBU on 03.04.2019. (Participated)
- Two Days National Seminar on “Reappraisal of Different Branches of Sanskritic Wisdom”: Organised by Department of Sanskrit, University of Gour Banga, Malda, 19th Sep. 2014.
Paper- Nature in the Meghdūta: A study
- Three Days National Seminar on “Manuscript logy and Manuscript of Pre Independence Sylhet”: Importance and Overview: Sponsored by NMM, New Delhi, AUS, Silchar, Dec-19-21, 2014.
Paper- Buddhist Manuscripts in Arunachal Pradesh: An over view
- 47th Session of All India Oriental Conference, Guwahati, Department of Sanskrit, Gauhati University, 2-4th January, 2015.
Paper- Bhakti Rasa in traditional poetics with special reference to Rūpa Goswamῑ: A critical study
- Two Days National Seminar on “Socio-Cultural Perspectives of Epigraphic Heritage”: North East Provinces of India. 24th and 25th Nov, 2014. Dept. of Sanskrit, Assam University, In Collaboration with Asiatic Society, Kolkata.
Paper- A study on Kāvya in Inscriptions
- Two Days International Conference on “Glo-Cal Crisis and Environmental Governance in North-Eastern Region of India”. 11-13 November, 2013, AUS.
Paper- Rasa in Nāṭyaśāstra: an over view
- Three Days International Conference on the Nature of Consciousness; Classical and Contemporary Debates in Vedanta Philosophy.21-24 November, 2013, Department of Philosophy, AUS.
- Two Days International Seminar on “Gender, Education and Female Child Labour”: A Sociological Perspective, 23-24 April, 2013, Department of Bengali, AUS. National Commission for Women, New Delhi.
Paper- Śākuntalar vidrohe anuranito anādṛtārā
Published Articles/ Book Chapters:
- Rasa: A brief Study
Vedāñjali (International Peer Reviewed Journal of Multidisciplinary Research) Chapter-1 (11), ISSN-2349-364X, Pub. Vaidik Educational Research Society, Varanasi, June-2019, P. 360-62.
- Panorama of South Asian Culture, Literature & Society, ISBN-978-81-8064-339-2, Progressive Publishers, 1st Published November, 2019
- Rasa in Nāṭyaśāstra: An Overview
VĀGĪŚVARĪ (Multilingual Research Journal, Volume- VIII, ISSN-0976-559X), 2013, P. 120-122.
- Kālidāsa and Nature: A Universal Relationship
VĀGĪŚVARĪ (Multilingual Research Journal, Volume- IX, ISSN-0976-559X)
Department of Sanskrit, Assam University Silchar, 2014, P. 94-98.
- Bhakti Rasa in Traditional Poetics with Special Reference to Rūpa Goswamῑ: A Critical Study
Susaṇskritam (An International Sanskrit Research Journal, Volume-IV), ISSN-2277-7024, 2014, P. 196-202.
- Prācῑn Bhāratiya Sṛsti vigān: Ekti vaigānik Adhyāyan.
Bāngla KathāSāhitya O Annānya Praosaṅga: ISBN 978-93-83816-33-O. 2015, P. 134-137.
- Abhijañanam Sākuntala: Bhārotiyo Sobhyotā eboṅg Sanskritir Ālekheya.
Jñānadarśikā, Bhāratiya Sāhitya Prakaśhan, ISBN-978-93-84900-07-6. 2015, P. 100-104.